Wednesday, July 27, 2005

This too will pass... in a sad way though (which is a good way)



Yeah, so this is me like a few minutes ago: So, yeah, smiley as always I guess. I actually "dressed up today", which meant actually wearing some color, two pigtails (you can't tell in the pic, so here, let me take a few more).


I got a bit camara happy, oh well.

So, life is better. I went to this really cool talk on stem cell research, and actually understood a lot about it. Like, it made sense and I followed him. If I could be a quarter of the scientist this guy is, that would be amazing. Like, he's accomplished so much. Incredible!!! So, I'll look into that type of research, though it's so limited in the states... The guy was american, but working here at King's College. So cool, it's not even funny :)

In similar news, Dr. MAS emailed me a few days ago to tell me the paper we submitted is being accepted with minor changes... I'm listed as an author on it, the last author, mind you... but I'm going to be published! So exciting! My first paper.... I really don't want to say too much until it's actually published, just in case you know... Ahhh, when I found out that I was going to be listed as an author, I was sooo excited. That wasn't the plan originally, as my project got changed so much... but, I guess I did so much work that totally helped the paper (it needed a few more experiments and then resubmitted, so my project was to complete those experiments). So, yeah. I got a lot of experience of it, and the respect of a lot of the Master's students, which was awesome. To be considered as an equal or collegue, and respected as an intelligent scientist, was cool. Can't complain here either, Dr. Knight's really cool, and challenges me to give answers, just as the master's student I'm working with. So, I need to get my act together, if I want to become a good scientist...

Alas, I am sane again!!! Well, now I have another bug, but still... I hope I don't sound to arrogant, now that I'm a bit more confident... :P

Anyways, I've gotten over my bad mood (put some music and had some G time) and now I'll go out to the kitchen, where Lauren is making dinner...

Tchuss

G

No comments: