Thursday, July 07, 2005

London attack

Hello!
So, incredibly, there were some explosions here in London today... so I feel the need to write something about it... I'll insert some exerpts from an email I wrote to Ryan...

"So, here I am, on my lunch break, between Western Blot stuff... andthis craziness about... There are rumors that AlQaeda is behindthis... I'm not sure, of course, and am hooked on BBC either via internet or via TV. I cannot believe all of this is happening here.It's such a shame, the amount of people involved... It was during rushhour, which means loads of people on every form of transportation...Everyone's trying to get as much information as possible... and thoseof us in the lab are trying to do so while getting labwork done.It seemed like a normal day... I talked to Ryan via Skype then took an hour nap, took a quick shower and had breakfast. Made lunch (a sandwich), and it was 9:45am, watched some TV (Frasier andWill and Grace) and it became 10:15am... I was running late! So I rushed out, forgetting my sandwich. Contemplated taking the tube or the bus, but figured that would take longer. Plus, I've mastered the short cut to the lab... As I'm walking I see like three ambulances and police rush by me, towards the same place it seemed. So, I get to the lab,and ask Adrian what's going on... that there were some explosions, on the tube and on a bus... and then I found it all out...Pretty scary stuff...But, I'm okay. "

So many attacks that I've "witnessed" in my lifetime... The AMIA attack in Argentina, 9/11, now this... and so many more smaller ones. Kind of horrible, the times we're living in... when terrorist attacks are becoming more normal...

Anyway...

That's all for right now... 7/7/05

Griselda

No comments: