Monday, June 25, 2007

Not so 9 to 5 :)

Week 2, internship.

I started at 7:30am and ended at 5:30pm... it's been a long day... but I did take a lunch break (yay!!) and talked to Ryan during that time, as he was heading to LAX... on his way home! Double yay!
He was so cute, he left me tons of text messages after that, while I was working. :) I can't wait to have him back.. I'm a bit selfish, and it's ok!!

Oh, and I have been witholding some big news from my blog readers (barely plural, but hey)... I have a lab home!! I finally heard back from my first choice!! I've talked to him about projects somewhat, and I have some ideas brewing... so I need to solidify them by July 9th when I meet with him again. Yay!!!

More on the internship...
I really like the person I'm working with, she's so positive! I was trying to get these cells to come off a plate (lab lingo, sorry) and they just wouldn't do it! So I tried again, and not so much... So I tried counting the cells I got out, and they were really low... This took like 2hs or so, of me freaking out and trying different things. Finally I found my mentor and she was like, oh, seems like these are tough cells (they were new to her too, so she didn't know what the conditions would be), lets add a higher concentration of trypsin... plus she was saying how great I was doing, and that it was a problem with the cells, not with me...

Later on I did get the cells to come off, but I think I must have sucked them all out and lost them... She was a little disheartened, and told me we'll just try again tomorrow together... So, I was a bit sad that it ended up being all screwed up, but I still felt good about myself at the end of the day... so I stayed another hour to prepare for tomorrow and write what I did today in my notebook...

Now I'm home and oh so exhausted...

Ryan comes home in like 4hs though! Yay!!!

No comments: