Tuesday, June 19, 2007

intern, that's me

Hi!

So, I started yesterday as an intern for a biotech company-- a little break from grad school and a glimpse at career possibilities. It turns out that everyone dresses up (ie: no jeans), and I like it... So, I went to Target yesterday and got some cute shirts, like the one I wore today:


So far the internship is going great. I have a desk in a cubicle (others have actual offices, oh well), and my own computer and a phone with my own extension. Quite different than my Yale rotations...

The commute does tire me out. I have flashbacks to the kind of tired I uesd to be back in California when I got home... and tomorrow is an early day for me, I start at 7am, because there are long incubation times.

My mentor/pi is really awesome. She's really laid back and I feel comfortable around her.


...still no word on the lab front, but that will clarify itself soon enough, I hope.


Oh, and the other interns are pretty cool too!


Oh, and I'm trying to learn how to knit...I bought this book, which in retrospect may not be the best one for beginners, but I got some help from the yarn co. (theyarnco.com) for really learning step by step how to knit. Wish me luck!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a crotch-er myself.

Good luck with that.