Friday, August 26, 2005

What do I do all day???

Well, since you have all seen my wonderful recepies (I really have trouble spelling that word) and other complaints... let me tell you what I do all day....

Let me preface this with: MY DAYS ARE BORING!!!!!!!!!! My afternoons and nights get better, early morning is nice to... So, if you know any of my friends, can you tell them G is lonely?

Ah, but G should be lonely... Why you say? Well, G needs to find a grad school to apply to... well several to apply to. Well, there's loads out there, you say... Yes, that is a big problem I face right now. To make things even jollier, I have no idea what I want to research.... Like none. Ok, I have a general area, but I haven't done enough research to know exactly what I want.... And now I'm freaking out bc I read that sometimes grad schools will google you, and if they find your blog they will read it... and it usually doesn't help you (which can be clearly seen in this paragraph). So, Mr./Mrs./Ms./Miss Grad School Admitter... Please admit me!! I will be a good grad student, and if I've applied to your university it means that I found a couple of faculty members I would be interested in working with, and that your program really interests me...

Hhaha.. anyway, back to the blog... So, yeah, I'm trying to find universities to fill my needs: good faculty, good program and funding available. The last two don't seem to be a problem... and not that the faculty is bad, but there's not one project -yet- that jumps right at me as being really really really exciting.

So, my days. I wake up, around 7am... and lately go back to sleep and wait for Ryan to call... So I talk to him as he's commuting to work... and then I got have breakfast, usually with my mom (which is nice... having people around is nice) which consists of (lately) ruby red grapefruit juice, cheerios and milk... A change from my usual coffee and toast... and it is wholemeal cheerios... so yeah... Then I start my websearch for uni's... I just go a'searchin', and read, and clic clic... and like that... till lunch time, where I figure what to eat (oh, shit, I didn't prepare my mom's lunch... she liked my chicken wrap idea that I ate yesterday --- idea stolen from Borough Market :P) and eat it... then I either watch tv or... well I watch tv with lunch, and then I read or watch more tv. THen I force myself again in front of the laptop... to search again... Think about what to make for dinner... find a recipe online, and put it on my blog (which proved useful yesterday, as I had to make alfredo sauce, and new the recipe was on my blog)... then I eventually start cooking until someone arrives... Sometimes I go out for groceries, or for a doctor's appt... and on Wed I went to Ryan's, and did NO work, just read this crappy book called The Wives of Bath, because it was set in England... and I got a cheap thrill at reading "holiday" and other British terms...
Yesterday I went to the pool: a tiny pool actually... but a pool nonetheless... and I didn't have my bathing suit, and I had to pull out my old high school suit, ugh.. yeah, I'm going shopping this weekend...

So,yeah, exciting times... I might have lunch with Jade today... and I'll have fun this weekend... Maybe next week I'll see Melissa, and maybe go to Disneyland with Eka next Friday...
So, next week seems more promising..

I'm not really depressed, it's just that any time there's a lack of social interaction (as I like to coin it) I kind of go in lul mood.... some people may not understand... and I shouldn't complain as I'm on vacation. But it's hard having to do all this research alone.

But, it will get worse. As I will have to be writing essays soon, and taking the GRE general (oct 29th) and subject tests... so yeah, fun fun.

Um yeah.. so I'm thinking I might have to get a job next year. And I'm having an internal debate of working in industry part time, or working as a tutor... I dunno...

so yeah... that's why I'm so looking forward to Sept 8th... getting away... again... and this time with Ryan... not feeling guilty about being lazy... and we're going to see Coldplay! And drive up to North Carolina... so yeah... can't wait!!!!!!!!!

Ok, that's it for now...

HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Ryan at a Coldplay concert, I'm very curious to hear how that goes (I'm the only person that's seen Ryan at a show before. It was a much louder, more hectic one than what you'd expect from Coldplay, but nonetheless I think he'll still be slightly uncomfortable. Should be funny for ya! =) ).

I know you've probably heard this a million times from everyone including yourself, but enjoy the vacation time while you've got it. I had the same problem enjoying it this summer, and right now I'm looking forward to my next opportunity for down time.

Take Care,

Justin

P.S. - Leslee needs your address so she can send you a wedding shower invite.