Tuesday, August 02, 2005

18 more days...

London is slipping away...

Ah, so my cousin talked to my mom and complained about my stepfather, saying that they keep me as a prisoner in my own home... which I tell him that it's not that bad, but that they are overprotective... to which he says that thanks to that I am what I am... and that they do appreciate what I am, even if I am really rebelious at times....

I think I reserve my comments on this bit...

As I was saying, London is slipping away... which means I'm getting closer to seeing Ryan again (yeeeyyy!!!!!!!!!!)... that's why I'm so happy about the countdown..

and at the same time I'm so not happy, because I will miss it here. I'm going to miss living on my own... well, on my "own"... Because in my flat we are: Lara, Jill, Jen, Steph, Azar and Dora... and Lauren's always around... Yeah, tons of people... and sometimes we have visitors too. I love this!! As an only child, I always treasure moments in which I can be surrounded by people, it's so much fun (ie: camp and get togethers).... though I do need some alone time sometimes...

like today... it was such a long day in the lab. Granted, I got there really late (10:45am), but stopped only for 30 min until 6pm. We were doing a thousand things at once. And tomorrow promises to be worse... and I had an assignment due today... so I got home just cranky. SO I went into my room and was about to start reading, when I hear Lauren knock. He acts so oblivious to my crankiness... like he'll see I'm in a bad mood, and just be nonchalant about it. It's great... then he heated up some scones I bought yesterday and made a mocha... How can you be cranky after that? So we both sat at my desk eating, drinking, and reading about science ethics... still was cranky for a while... but I kept hearing Jill and Lara around, making funny comments... so, after a while I was in a good mood, and silly, and laughing... and went outside to play! or at least talk to people and be merry... So I didn't do some lab stuff I should have... but I'm happy now and ready for a long tomorrow...

Laughed a lot today. And saw a stupid movie (baby maybe, or something like that)...

so, I'll miss the flat... Miss having my own little place... miss not having to worry about coming home late, or not coming at all (like when I got back from oxford at 5am)...

But, what I will treasure most about this experience is the knowledge that I can so do this. I can live alone, and cook (though I get spoiled by my flatmates and lauren a lot)... but I can do smart grocery shopping, and think of foods to make that are actually healthy! I can survive on a set budget, and still have fun and stuff... It sounds a bit trivial, but always living with my folks, it's like I needed to do it and prove it to myself... So now, I can go ahead and live my life the way it will play out (whichever way it decides to do so), and I will know that if need be I can survive by myself. Did I have a doubt that I could do it? Well, a little bit, but not really. I knew I could do it, I just needed to prove to myself that I could...

Also, London is so much fun! So much to do! SO much walking! I love it! Where am I going to walk back home? It's like I don't have to try to keep in shape bc with as much walking as I'm doing I'm feeling great without extra effort. I miss that about Argentina.... I'd like to have that for grad school... a city, a big city, with good transport system and loads to do... THough I've realized I'll still have to have a car... but at least having the option not to!

haha, I'm finally writing all those things I've been thinking about writing in this blog :P

Ah, update! We have eaten the MacAweenie and Cheese!!! It was horrible! IT didn't come with the promised cheese! So we greated some english cheddar (which is white... kind of fiting.. haha), but it just does not taste like macaroni and cheese.. It was better when we heated it up (again, fitting)... ok, I'll stop with the inuendos... Lauren, Lara and I did eat it though... that was sunday night dinner...

oh, and (*smile*) the number of blog readers is expanding. Amazing! So, if you're reading this and you haven't already posted, leave me a comment!

Ok... I should to go sleep, being 11:30pm and all..

Goodnight/Good afternoon!!

G

PS: I love and miss Ryan!! (thought you were saved from such talk, but noooo!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the rest of your twentysomethingness... enjoy!