Thursday, February 22, 2007

Thursday

We have no lab meeting today, which was really nice (9am lab meetings are a drag), but I still woke up early. Too early actually... Ryan had me set the alarm for 6am (!) and then took 30 minutes (and 3 snoozes from me) to get out of bed after I finally threatened him (no, you will not wait for the 4th alarm to ring, you will get out of bed).

I'm glad he got up though, bc he's going to this microsoft event that's going to get him Vista for free. I got my version for free from Yale, so this would be a double score. Although I am not too happy with Vista and/or my computer lately. Ryan rebooted it... but it's not that much better, actually it seems a little worse, albeit a bit faster in starting up and stuff.

Anyway, so one more article to read for cancer and I'm done with the reading... and then I'll actually start studying and putting concepts together... fun...

Oh, and in other news, my parents are coming out in May, just in time for my birthday. Yey, I love that people are coming out to visit us... we get to show our pretty apartment to people that knew us before we got married, it's very exciting. Haha, I just love our apartment, and even though I've shown people pictures, I want to see their reaction... Wow, I sound silly! It'll be great to have some family over (aside from my awesome friends that are coming for spring break); it makes life a lot more happier and something to look forward to!

Hmm, I was about to say that the weather is nicer too, but it seems that its 24 degrees outside... But it'll probably get up to 40... 40 I can handle --without gloves! (Ugh, weather channel says it might rain... but it's so pretty outside!)

Anyway, I'm off to finish reading and get started on my day!

____________________
*Edit: It was actually a thing to get the office for free (!), which I actually love (I tried the beta version and it rocked), but Ryan signed up for the wrong event-- it was geared to gov't officials to which they cannot give free software... so he drove right back... poor thing woke up for nothing, whereas I got all my reading done! And he went to get the truck serviced yesterday, where they broke the heater, so he was driving in the 24 degrees with no heater... so now he's getting that fixed.

Oh, and excuse me as I update my blog settings, colors, etc. It might be done by this weekend, hopefully!

No comments: