Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Back to blogging

I haven't blogged in a while, as always seems to be the case when I'm busy. But of course now I am procrastinating on studying for my friday cancer class...

But, I will try to update more frequently, since I feel a little guilty that I read a lot of blogs daily, yet don't update my own. I've been pleasantly surprised to find many female scientist blogs (some who are Jewish too), and it's comforting. Especially since I have a daily or weekly why-am-I-in-grad-school crisis, which my husband seems to be good at making better... but still. The gym did help last night though, got rid of some stresses.

Yeah, so the first year is stressful, although a little better this semester than the last one.

This weekend was recruitment weekend... which is weird that it's been a year since I went through that process. It was fun, but very odd to be telling them about the program and stuff. I had fun though, got free food and stuff... Plus we went to see La Boheme, which I actually liked. I'm liking Operas, especially when there are subtitles-ish... screens with translation into english, makes it way more understandable.

We also tailgated on Sunday to a hockey game... that was fun, our first tailgating event (hot cocoa with mint schnapps + marshmallows = yummy!). Yale lost, but that happens all the time. It was a close game, although I didn't get to see the last 30 minutes or so because I decided to go study (for my class on monday... I had a few papers to read and a question to respond to).

Ooooh, and I went snowboarding two weekends ago! Very fun! I hurt for like three days! But it was great to be part of a winter sport, and use muscles I never even knew I had. I like feeling active, it's so exhilarating. It's a little scary to be flying down a mountain (ok, a bunny slope...) and having control-- it's just the not freaking out about it part that would make it more controlable.

Hopefully if I do more of these sport/gym things I'll feel more confident in myself and I won't freak out about grad school... Wish me luck, I guess.

Hmm... oh, and two of my friends from college are coming out to visit me for Spring break! We're going to Boston, NY and D.C., maybe Providence too (and some of New Haven, of course). I'm very excited about that...

Ok, enough for now... back to cancer reading.

No comments: