Sunday, February 25, 2007

Making reservations

Since my friends are coming for spring break, we're doing this East Coast travel extravaganza.

We're going to Boston for a day, which I've been to in January so I understand may way around better than before. Then we're heading to New York to meet up with my other really good friend Jade who's there with her mom and bf for a few days, and tour the city. I have yet to go to NY (unbelievable, I know! so close yet so far) so this will be my chance to enjoy the city.

Then we're going to D.C. for a few days... and this is where the reservations come into play. We can get a car for $164 which is pretty good, I think. Taking the train costs $120 per person. Both take about 5.5hs. That's 306 miles according to google. If we get 25 miles to the gallon, then that's 12 gallons. At $3/gallon, that's $36 each way. So about $100 on gas. So it's either $264 ($88/person) taking the car or $360 ($120/person) for the train. So the train may be very well worth it, less stress, we can all sleep in the train, no parking problems etc. Plus, we'll be getting around with the metro anyway.

So that's all that I've figured out now... It's all very exciting though!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i can't wait to see Boston. And New York. And Yale. *jealous sigh*

i'm glad you're posting again! i haven't checked your site in like a month because you hadn't updated. :-(

Welcome back.