Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Hawaii... with my husband


Hi!
So, the reason we decided to blog is to not forget the details. This might be silly, I know. Yesterday it took way too freaking long discussing the wedding... so I gave up on describing what we are doing on our honeymoon, asides from the obvious.

I write now, in the lobby, as Ryan takes a nap. I took a lot of naps during the tour today, because it was like 30 min stretches in a car, and I LOVE taking naps in cars.

So, we arrived here in Waikiki on Monday. The plane ride was fine. Arrived at 2pm. Ryan's luggage did not arrive at the same time (was delivered at 5am on Tuesday). In any case, we got leid right off the plane, well, maybe 20 min after we landed (I had a bridezilla moment freaking out bc we didn't get a lei).

So, we arrive at the Outrigger Reef and get into our room... with a very nice view of the ocean. Then, after unpacking and stuff, we walked around Waikiki, had some food at Duke's and then headed back to our place-- stuffed! Where we found champagne and two plastic flutes, which made us very happy (I love surprises).

Day two started with a 7am orientation breakfast (Ryan wone a camera), where we booked a couple of tours. Then we went to this shopping thing and Ryan got me this awesome black pearl necklace at this one place that I forget the name. Then we went to Hilo Hattie, and we got a lei of sea shells, which was awesome, and we bought some stuff. Then we walked down the beach and enjoyed the beautiful view!!! Then we went back to our hotel and had dinner there, at this very romantic garden restaurant, where the food was sooo yummy. The fish here rocks!!!!!!!!!

Day three (today) started off at 7:30am meeting at the Sheraton Bus depot. But we realized a couple of things:
1- Ryan developed a rash to the sunscreen I brought (one of the reasons he's taking a nap now= benadryl)
2- The map they gave us to get to the bus depot was crappy
3- Griselda forgot to put the memory card back into the camera!


Yeah, that kind of sucked. We got to the bus depot at like 7:45am, they had to pull back and pick us up!! In any case, we got an awesome tour of the island. We went all the way up to North Shore, through the Dole plantation. Stopped by some beautiful beaches (like the one in this picture) and bought some yummy macadamian nuts covered in coffee. Oh, we also hiked (in flip flops) this one park that had a waterfall all the way up top!! It was beautiful. Lunch was at this place by the lion mountain or whatever (which took me like 10 minutes to see the crouching lion...). I had great naps. Ryan has the worst rash ever, poor sweetie. So I'm off to comfort him, I feel bad enough taking all this time for blogging.

Anyway, Hawaii is awesome. We're having an awesome time. And we're blogging bc we're nuts. haha

Yey for honeymoons!

No comments: