Monday, May 28, 2007

decisions, decisions

I haven't blogged in ages. Which is fine with me. I've been keeping busy. Have gone to Boston a total of three times, NYC three times, DC one time, and all around Connecticut for multiple occasions. I should post pictures, and maybe I will later, I have loads of them, from when Mel and Claudia came, but also when my parents came. I've also recently had a bday (am 24 now, yey). And the husband has been away for 5 weeks, but will be back on Thursday.

Classes are over. WHich is wonderful!!! Spring is here!!! Flowers everywhere!!! We had a bbq on Sat which was great!

But, now it's time to decide on a thesis lab. I'm on my third and final lab rotation, and our DGS (director of grad studies) would like our decision by Friday, although officially July 1 is when I have to give it. So, the nightmares have started.

Yup, I keep having these dreams that people are asking me which lab I'm joining, including the actual PI's. So, yeah, talk about pressure from within me, you know?

I have made a decision, but I haven't talked to the PI yet, so I won't say much. It's just going to be tough telling the other PI that I'm not planning on joining that lab. Unless the first PI says no, and then I'll have to rethink my decision...

Anyway, so I'm a bit troubled at the moment. Big decisions, you know?

And, I can't wait until Ryan comes back!! I've missed him so much!

Oh, and I'm doing a summer internship at a pharmaceutical company nearby (BMS), just for 6 to 8 weeks. That'll be interesting too.

Ok, now off to do real work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to the blogsphere.