Friday, September 23, 2005

12 hours at Cal Poly

Hello all!!

So, the quarter has begun.... and yesterday, the first day of it, was the longest day ever!!!!!!!!!

So, I got to school at like 6:45 am... yupp, you heard right. So, parking wasn't that bad... and went to my Ant 112 online course orientation. Bla bla. Kind of those monotone voice teachers.

Then, we went to try to add the Mic 415 lab, Immunology/Serology at 8am... but I didn't get in, and neither did Jade... So I went to my 8am Sociology class, 30 min late. Whatever. It was fine. Guy giving us his whole resume about how great he is and how much he knows. Cioffi is his last name, so he cracked some italian mobster jokes ("I had a meeting with the russians.. and I'm italian... so that tells you to be scared of me" or something like that). Anyway. whatever.

Then, met up with Jade and we hung out, got some paperwork I needed to pick up. Went to the Honors room and talked to people (this one girl just broke up with her bf, so I wasn't about to tell her how I just got engaged... felt awkward when the male bashing started, as, at the moment, I think boys are great... at least mine :P... but I'm kind of glad they broke up, he was a jerk to her, and all she did was suffer.) Yeah, and then Dorothy introduced me to this lady that's gonna help me submit my NIH/NSF fellowship application. I'm not really hopeful that I'll get it, but, gotta try. Then found Jeannie, hung out with her, told her my news (yeeyy!! I was telling anyone that cared a bit)... Then met up with Jade, and went to lunch. Saw Lauren, which was cool, we're meeting up Monday for lunch or dinner or something. I can't wait to hear his crazy stories from Amsterdam... Saw Eric, which was cool...

At 1pm we tried to get into the class... I didn't get it again (almost did, but there was some confusion, damn it!)... Jade did get it... which is cool, though I'm a bit jealous... especially bc I then had to go to my original 1pm class: Advanced Genetics. Ugh! With Campbell! Yeah, not looking forward to that. At all. That class really freaks me out. I DON'T WANT TO TAKE ADVANCED GENETICS. So, I may try to either add Animal Tissue Culture, or I dunno, still have hope for MIC. Yeah, and then I went to the lecture for MIC, just in case... Such an awesome lecture too... and that was out at 6:45pm... left campus at 7pm... and so ended my 12 hours or so at CPP... I was a bit tired...

UGH!!!!!!!! I'm so not inspired this year. I have total senior-itis. I want to be done, and be in grad school. Can't I just fastforward to graduation? Please?!!!

Yeah, so I'm PR of Hillel, President of the Honors Program Club... why? ugh! I was excited, not I'm just overwhelmed. Why, you ask?

TO DO LIST:

1. Write a 150 word abstract for the San Diego Honors Program Conference regarding my research in London.

2. Study for Advanced Genetics (practice crosses and stuff --> I have a horrible genetics background... bc of my prof.... ugh! "Easy" A's aren't the best things sometimes)

3. PICK GRAD SCHOOLS TO APPLY TO!!!

4. Complete NSF application --> due in November

5. Take GRE --> Oct. 29th

6. Take GRE Subject test ---> Nov

7. Prepare presentation for San Diego Conference --> Oct 8th

8. Complete applications to grad schools --> deadlines in Dec and Jan

9. Plan a wedding --> date to be confirmed

10. Write a budget for Hillel --> ASAP

11. Write an agenda for HP meetings --> first one next Thursday

12. Study for the rest of my classes

13. Work out regularly

14. Freak out --> the only item on the list I've actually accomplished.

Why am I a lazy bum? I could have had the grad school stuff done by now...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah... such is the life of G right now. I'll be sane again next August. See you then!

G

PS: Yeah, and I thought a spot opened in the mic class this morning... but it was Jade's already reserved spot. Yeah, great news for me, I know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just blog surfing around and found you! You have a really nice blog site. If you are interested, go see my ebay auctions site. It's just a fun site but you may find something to entertain you.

Anonymous said...

6:45 am is too early for any human. Your to-do list is big and scary and i don't envy you one bit. You have earned all my sympathies. Chocalate?

And by the by, 2 cents is worth more than you think... Thanks, sweetie.

For me, looks like the eye of the storm has passed... just one or two more rounds of hell and i should be good as new again... though maybe a bit groggier.

Ergeheilalt said...

6:45 is damn early, but I have to get up at 6:40 to get to class by 7:30 on Thursdays. I'm not sitting around reading, listening to lectures, or trying to wrap my brain around mathamatics. I'm opperating heavy machinery.

Skyler told me there was going to be an Honors meeting this week, Madame President. Good luck wrangling with that boring bunch ;) :P.

As for your San Diego confrence, I could recommend some of the better Mexican flavored eats if you get a hankering.