Monday, May 30, 2005

One month to live...

If you only had only one month left to live starting right now, what would you do during that month and why?

If I only had one month to live, I would try to do budget my time accordingly in order to efficiently do everything I want to have done. I would spend the first few days trying to get my affairs in order, both at school with my coursework and clubs, and in my personal life, notifying people of my upcoming death and trying to assimilate this news myself.
Overall, I would spend more time with my parents, showing them how much I really care about them. I would also spend time with my stepbrother and his family, and make sure his children do not forget how much I love them. I would probably spend the most amount of time with my boyfriend, enjoying every day we have together. But also trying to prepare him for my death, ensuring that he lives a prosperous life, and will not dwell on my death so much as to ruin his future.
Then, I would drive to Las Vegas with my boyfriend and my parents, to tell my aunt and cousins the news. We would only stay there for a weekend and take many pictures together, so that they can remember me at this age, and not only the memories they have of me as a child. Since I would not be able to travel to Argentina and Paraguay to visit the rest of my family and friends, I would spend a few hours talking to them on the phone. I would update them on the recent things going on in my life, so they would realize how happy I am at this point in my life, and that I have no regrets. I would also call my best friend that lives in Israel, whom I have known since I was 3 years old. During any free moments that other friends have, I would spend with them. Since they are the people I have the most fun with, I would enjoy being in their company and forgetting the bad news.

No comments: