Sunday, June 22, 2008

Summer Cleaning

This is the official first weekend of summer!
Weekend recap (although it's not over yet!!)

FRIDAY: I felt like crap, so I went into lab late (did read a paper in the morning, yay me!) and then came home right as happy hour was starting. Which lead to marathon "Weeds" watching. My new addiction. We finished Season II with a terrible cliffhanger... and Netflix only has season III on DVD (not streaming live), so we'll have to wait until next week to find out what happens. This is just as well, since we are way too addicted to this.


Ryan made a yummy meat and cheese platter for dinner, salami rocks! Oh, and we tried this Chilean cheese... I'm not a huge fan.

Then we watched "Thank you for Smoking", which was okay, but not great.

SATURDAY: Sleeping in, yay! What else did we do? Not too sure. I know I read three papers (my goal was between 3 or 4, so I'm pretty happy). Then we both worked out with Wii fit. Then at 6pm we were finally ready to go shopping!

I'm not sure if I talked before about Clinton Crossing, but it's a great outlet mall about 25 min away. I had to return some shoes, Ashley needed to return some stuff too, and Jessie was on a mission to get some jeans. We were all pretty successful (although I found jeans and Jessie didn't). Then we went to the Log Cabin for dinner. We were starving, which was a good thing because the portions were huge! We all took a ton of leftovers (so much that Ryan and I had my leftovers for lunch, and we'll probably have his for dinner).

SUNDAY: This is where the title of this post comes in.

My goal for today: start writing my prospecuts proposal.

Reality? Well, we woke up pretty early (talked to my folks in Argentina), had some breakfast... and then I started going through my closets. Massive spring cleaning (but it's summer now, so I guess it's summer cleaning). I finally threw away/donated a ton of clothes that I haven't worn in ages. Same thing with shoes. Plus we reorganized our drawers and closets. Very productive. The apartment actually looks great this weekend, we've been good.
And now I've actually written two paragraphs and Ryan went to do some shopping... ok, off to help him unload stuff from the car.

No comments: