Friday, June 09, 2006

Graduation Day

So, today I graduate from Cal Poly. Yey!!! Double yey... Hey, make it four yeys, one for each year.

I need to vacuum and clean my room for tonight's mini grad party at my place.... I'll do that in a bit.

So, yeah, I'm a bit bummed... Why, you ask, on this very happy day, am I sad? Ridiculous!

But, well, I just talked to my aunt and found out that my cousin is indeed in town, but is not coming, at least I don't think she is.... Because they're going to go buy her fiance's son a condo in San Diego. My aunt flew in with them, so of course my cousin knows that the graduation is this week. So, I'm a bit disappointed. Yes, my family is kind of odd... And you know, I would totally go to her graduation without even thinking about it... Yet, my cousins just love themselves and their future husbands, and don't care about this side of the family. Mishpoja!!! But oh well...

I'm also sad because everything is ending, and it's so hard to say goodbye, and to think that people I have seen daily, I won't be seeing again, maybe ever. That's weird.

It's also gloomy today... and real life, grown up life is kind of scary... This I realized the day before yesterday, as I was trying to study for my last final, but billions of things were happening and I just could not concentrate on the last final I was to have at Cal Poly...

But, I am happy, and excited. And I can't wait until tonight at 4pm. And, guess what? I get to carry the banner for the Biology Department, and my name may or may not be mentioned by the President during his speech. All of this is amazing. This year has been really amazing. Things I never thought could be possible, are. And things that I've always wished for are coming true.

Hopefully I haven't been arrogant about any of this. I really am just incredulous at what this year has produced...

Yey!!! Graduation. Four years of hard work, frustrations, long hours, smiles and tears... Yes, they've gone fast.... but at a good pace I think.

Yey!!

Ok, I'm off to vacuum!

G

No comments: