Thursday, December 15, 2005

43% = Not good enough

Hi!

So, I was happy today, I really was... not that I'm miserable now, but maybe a little bit... Because I decided to fork over $10, not wait the extra day or 2 or 10... and get my GRE subject score... and, what did I get? A 500, 43%, meaning that I suck... just like I thought I would... I hoped I was wrong, but no.... Perspective: Duke recommends getting in the 70th percentile... Yeah, last time I checked 43% was far away from 50 and farther away from 70...
Otherwise, my applications don't look that bad... and then they'll see this and go, oh wait, she doesn't know any biochemistry, cell or molecular biology. I do, though. I just didn't have time to review...
And now, now when it's too late, what do I find... Two websites that would have helped a lot:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0886851882/102-0653164-8162524?v=glance&n=283155


http://www.neyhaber.com/

So. If you happen to run across my blog and are taking this GRE subject test, go to these sites, buy the books... study for 3 days or so... I think if I had reviewed the information I would have done much better.

So, now I feel like crap... bc I did just as bad as I told everyone I thought I did.. and for once I was right... i wouldn't mind being wrong on this one..

oh well...

In other news. I got an A in immunology (yey!!) and an A- in two of my GEs, which is fine, and a late report on my acting class... which means she forgot to turn in grades.

Oh, by the way, I did a little better on my GRE general test: 530/800 (67%) on verbal, 730/800 (76%) on quantitative, 5.5/6 (86%) on the writing section...
And I've turned in 5 applications... 3 more to go...

I'm happy with my immunology grade though...

But, i get to sulk today about my general test.

Oh, and aside from stressing about applications and stuff, I've been cooking. Yup, my break tradition has started up again... I made brownies, from scratch, last week, and made some for Dr. Alex (she wrote one of my letters of rec). Scones from scratch last sunday... and yesterday I made corn muffins (cornbread in a sweeter muffi-er format)...

I also bought new jeans.. yey!! and a new black jacket, a nice shirt, and beautiful shoes!!! plus the shoes (dress shoes) are very comfy and very very awesome...

and and and... I'm still sad...

Eric got an interview for cornell today... well, the interview is in february, but hopefully you know what I mean... I'm soooooooo excited for him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I must work on personal statements and sulk a bit...

Byes

merry xmas, happy hannukah, happy new year!!!

G

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, firstly, if you're doing so well in your classes and your extra-curriculars, they'll look at your GRE and go "so she's not a good test taker". It's like the SATs ('member those?)... it helps but ISN'T everything. So breathe.

ryc: Thanks. It's all good. :-p

Anonymous said...

Re: freaky nudist guy... I DON'T KNOW HIM!!! EWWWWW!!!!

Anonymous said...

Bad news: The website (http://www.neyhaber.com) is not there anymore.

Good news: I found where it moved to!: http://www.grebio.com

I got the updated ebooks (practice test and summary and tips ebooks) --- and they are pretty useful!